This site and our practice leaflet sets out our vision in providing the best possible care people in our community. If you share our vision and want to permanently register with the practice, either come into the surgery and fill in a GMS1 form (see the notes below) or alternatively download the Registration Form GMS1 (please follow this link or the one below, to download the most recent version).
Once you are registered with the practice, we will sent you a registration pack which contains a copy of our practice leaflet, a health questionnaire and an invitation to telephone the surgery to book a health check with one of our practice nurses.
Whilst you can see any doctor of your choice all registered patients have a named doctor who will have overall responsibilities for you care.
Temporary registration with the practice is possible if you are living in the practice area but are due to travel back home within 3 months. Come and see us at the surgery.
We will also see you as an emergency if you are passing through ( e.g. staying at one of the local hotels) and need emergency medical attention.
NHS Choices - How do I register with a GP? (follow this link for the latest form)
Completing the GMS1 form(s):
- Fill in all the boxes and submit the form to the surgery
- Use a separate form for each member of the family.
- The information is required to register with the health authority that you have changed your doctor and to retrieve your medical records from your previous GP. This information is used solely for the purpose of delivering health care.
- The current NHS requirements are that you have to prove your identity with photographic evidence such as a passport or photo driving licence and also provide proof of your residential address. Without these we are not allowed to register you.
- It can take up to 48 hours to complete the registration process so it may not be possible to see you on the same day you register with the practice